Standard Exhibit Guidelines: The Lobby Gallery
- The Mayflower Arts Center is a family‐friendly gallery and studio. Any/all artists and artworks are subject to Mayflower Arts Center’s owner selection and approval. We reserve the right to not accept works that include profanity, nudity, or sexuality.
- Unless otherwise stated, the standard exhibit fee for The Lobby Gallery (Box Office level) is $75.00 for a 5‐6 week exhibit, plus 30% commission on sales. Exhibit fees are necessary to help offset our cost of paid advertisements. If the body of work is for exhibit only and listed as NFS (Not For Sale), the exhibit fee is $100.
- The Artist is solely responsible for the shipping of any/all work to and from the Mayflower Arts Center, including the arrangements and/or costs thereof.
- All artwork must be delivered as ready to display. Any artwork that is not ready to display will not be included in the exhibit.
- The Mayflower Arts Center will collect any/all funds from sales, including the collection, handling, and reporting of sales tax) with said funds (less any negotiated commission) paid to the Artist within 30 days after the sale is complete. Installments will not be accepted on any purchases.
- The Lobby Gallery will be open during normal business hours, in addition to extended hours for special events such as movies, concerts, lectures, classes/workshops, and performances.
- The Mayflower Arts Center is responsible for the printing and display of the Exhibit Statement/Artist Statement and artwork description. No artworks will be displayed for exhibit or sale without an artist statement and proper description(s) of the artwork(s). The Exhibit/Artist Statement should be provided to the Mayflower Arts Center 30 days prior to the exhibit opening date.
- In addition to press releases, the Mayflower Arts Center advertises the exhibit in the monthly Art Everywhere section of The Dayton City Paper, as well as a number of online event calendars. A high‐resolution signature image of the exhibit shall be provided to the Mayflower Arts Center for the purposes of creating advertisements and online publicity banners. The artist’s name, exhibit title, and exhibit and reception dates are published along with the signature image and photo credit line.
- Additional printed promotional materials (posters, postcards) are provided for an additional fee. Please contact the Mayflower Arts Center as soon as possible for a quote.
- The Mayflower Arts Center works with the artist to establish a date for the artist’s reception. Light refreshments are provided by the Gallery. Artist contributions to the reception refreshments are always accepted and deeply appreciated.
- These guidelines are a summary of the basic terms detailed in our standard Artist‐Gallery Consignment Agreement. Once the artwork/artist is approved for exhibit, the Gallery will provide the Artist with the complete Artist‐Gallery Consignment Agreement specifying all terms and requirements. In matters such as Calls for Entry, applicable terms and conditions will be provided in the CFE prospectus.
- These guidelines are subject to change without notice. For more information, contact the Mayflower Arts Center using the methods listed at the bottom of this page.
If you are interested in being a featured exhibiting artist or in our Lobby Gallery, submissions may be directed by email or post to:
The Mayflower Arts Center
9 West Main Street
Troy, OH 45373
Artist Submission Forms:
Featured Artist Exhibit Application and Guidelines - The Lobby Gallery (PDF)